Available for Pre-Order NOW!
The professional-quality photography smartphone!
Handtec delivers to its customers the new Kodak Ektra 32GB – Black (SIM Free/Unlocked)! This device combines timeless Kodak professional-quality photography with a smartphone, giving freedom to capture, shape and share every moment. From the leather design to the physical shutter button, everything about the Ektra is so distinctive that it demands a second look.
- It is equipped with 21MP f2.0 autofocus (PDAF) primary/rear camera
- For selfies, it is equipped with a 13MP front/secondary camera
- It is furnished with Helio X20 Deca-core processor on the MediaTek MT6797 chipset
- It offers diverse shooting features such as Smart Auto, Portrait, Manual, Sports, Bokeh, Night mode, HDR, Panorama, Macro, Landscape, Film/Video
- For faster processing and multitasking support, it is furnished with a 3GB memory
- It features 32GB memory being further extendable up to 128GB with a microSD slot
- It enlightens the display with 5-inch full HD 1080 X 1920 multi-touch capable touchscreen
- For longer standby and productivity times, the device is equipped with 3000mAh battery
- The device is furnished with Type-C charging port
An Evolution & Stereotypical
The first Kodak Ektra in the year 1941 weighed over 2 pounds and the year 2016 Ektra is no featherweight either. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla glass and the back is leatherette-clad with a massive protruding lens. There is also a grip-able edge on one of the sides which perfectly counter-balances the lens. The sides are all-metal and include the power button, volume toggles, a dedicated camera shutter button and a little loop so the user is able to hang the phone off a lanyard. The phone feels solid in hand and in a sea of glass/metal and plastic numbers, quite reassuring different in a self-assured way.The audio grille sits on the inside of the little bump on one end and although the perforated leatherette section is easy to miss, but it does a good job of lifting it up when the phone is stationary on a table.
Durable & Resilient Combination
The Kodak Ektra Smartphone has an ergonomically designed physical profile, perfectly balanced, weighted and high-quality industrial design, underlining its camera styling and featuring a dedicated dual press shutter button in the horizontal style of traditional cameras. The device also features a Super 8 app, providing professional effects reminiscent of Kodak’s iconic Super 8 film stocks. A lightning-fast HELIO X20 Decacore processor powers the ANDROID Marshmallow smartphone.
A Heart-Beat Captivating Camera
The Kodak Ektra smartphone features a primary 21-megapixel fast focus camera sensor with f2.0 aperture, and an industry leading 13-megapixel front-facing camera with Phase Detection Auto Focus PDAF and f2.2 aperture. The custom built camera app is controlled by an intuitive haptic touch, SLR-style Scene Selection Dial, where adjustments are made in real time via a range of settings including HDR, Landscape, Portrait, Macro, Sport, Night-time, Panorama and Bokeh, alongside a Smart Auto mode which auto-selects the best conditions for your photographs. In Manual mode, more advanced users can adjust exposure, ISO, focus, white balance and shutter speed, with the results being visible on the screen as changes are made.
The highlight of the Kodak Ektra’s camera is its onscreen function dial. It works in a similar way to the function ring users get on an ordinary digital camera, as users can rotate it with the finger to switch between its various scenes and camera modes. These include HDR, Landscape, Portrait, Macro, Sport, Night-time, Panorama, Bokeh and Smart Auto, but there’s also an advanced Manual mode that gives you full control over the camera’s exposure, ISO, focal length, white balance, shutter speed and aperture. Users can also tap the ring to bring up a bigger, fullscreen version of it, making it easier to see which mode currently under use. The best thing about it is that users get a lovely bit of haptic feedback with each turn of the wheel, making it extremely satisfying to use.
Exemplary Hardware & Software Combination
Within Kodak Ektra hardware specifications include a 5-inch 1080p screen, Helio X20 chipset, 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage that is expandable via a microSD slot. The 3000mAh battery should provide more than enough juice for a day of shooting. The Kodak Ektra Smartphone includes editing software from SNAPSEED, providing exceptional tools to edit images on-the-go, without having to download any additional apps. This enables users to transform images with professional results similar to many popular desktop image editors. Sharing the results in real time is also easy with integrated social media apps and the Prints app is a simple way to select your best shots to be professionally printed.
The Kodak Ektra comes packed with loads of preinstalled photo-editing apps, too, including Google’s Snapseed app and Kodak’s own Super 8 software, the latter of which lets users apply vintage filters to photos and videos, such as Kodak’s very own classic film stock effect. Kodak’s also going to include a recommendation widget that promotes other hand-picked third-party photography apps, helping users get the very best out of their phone without much hassle.
Eastman Kodak Company and Bullitt Group today unveiled the Kodak Ektra Smartphone, a photography-led smartphone designed for those with a passion for photography, from enthusiasts to experts. The Kodak Ektra Smartphone fuses the best of Kodak’s rich history in imaging with the latest innovations in smartphone photography. The Kodak Ektra Smartphone lets keen photographers capture exceptional images, whatever the environment, with an incredibly fast smartphone, tuned for the best in image quality and media management. Despite the camera-centric exterior, underneath the hood the Kodak Ektra is smartphone business as usual. The camera comes with a 21MP sensor, F2.0 aperture and optical image stabilisation. A 26.5mm equivalent lens is offered, as is PDAF, 4K video and a dual-tone flash. A 13MP camera can be found at the front. The camera app features manual control over most shooting parameters and a wide range of filter effects for both videos and still images.
What’s in the Box:
- Kodak Ektra 32GB – Black (SIM Free/Unlocked)
- Mains Adapter
- Type-C Charging Cable
- User Manual
- Band Supported – GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- 2G Bands – 850/900/1800/1900
- WCDMA/3G Bands – 850/900/1900/2100, HSPA
- 4G/LTE Bands – 1/3/7/20 (Cat 4)
Hardware & Software Features:
- Chipset – MediaTek MT6797
- Processor – Helio X20 Deca-core
- Processor Makeup – 2x Cortex-A72 @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex-A53 @ 2.0GHz, 4x Cortex-A53 @ 1.4GHz
- Operating System – Android OS 6.0 Marshmallow
- Device Dimensions – 147.8 x 73.35 x 9.69mm (14.02mm at camera lens)
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass Screen & Lens protection
- Primary/Rear Camera – 21MP Sony Sensor with F2.0, PDAF, OIS,
- Optical Image Stabilisation and Auto Focus
- Dual LED flash – Yes
- Secondary/Front Camera – 13MP with F2.2 PDAF
- 5-inch Full HD (1920×1080) Touchscreen
- Touch Features – Capacitive Multi-Touch
- Shutter Button – Yes
- Power Key – Yes
- Volume Rocker – Yes
- Storage – 32GB ROM
- Memory – 3GB RAM
- Extendable Memory – microSD Slot up to 128 GB
- Ambient Light
- Proximity sensor
Pre-Installed Application Features:
- Dedicated Camera App
- Interactive Gallery
- Super 8 and Prints apps
- MobiSystems OfficeSuite
- File Commander
- AVG AntiVirus
- WiFi – 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- GPS – Yes, with GPS/Glonass
- Bluetooth – v4.1
- FM Radio – Yes
- Dual MIC
- 3.5mm Audio Port
- Battery Capacity – 3000mAh
- Battery Type – Non-Removable
- Charging Input – 5V 2A Charging Support
- Pump Express Ready – Yes
- Charging Port – USB 3.0 Type-C