The Galaxy A series always came with luxurious looks that offered up a little more eye-catching glance under the hood than its mid-range siblings. This year is certainly no different for the A8. It features a metal frame and a glass back that make it resemble the Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, and even the Note 8. Along with IP68 certification for water and dust resistance.
You’re still getting Super AMOLED panels at the 18.5:9 aspect ratio that measures in at 5.6-inches for the Galaxy A8 with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2220 pixels which stretches right up to the sides of the handset but doesn’t curve like that of the Galaxy S8.
- It is equipped with Aluminum frame, glass front and back, the IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
- Furnished with 5.6-Inch Super AMOLED display, FullHD+ 2,220×1,080 resolution Infinity display (18.5:9 aspect ratio), 441ppi pixel density; Always On Display.
- The device is packed with 16MP, f/1.7 aperture. Phase detection autofocus. 1080p/30fps video recording.
- The Galaxy A8 (2018) is carried a dual front camera, primary 16MP with f/1.9 aperture and secondary 8MP with f/1.9 aperture. Fixed focus. Selective focus (portrait mode). 1080p/30fps video recording.
- It comes pre-loaded with Android 7.1.1 Nougat, Samsung Experience 8.5 custom overlay.
- The Galaxy A8 is loaded with Exynos 7885 octa-core CPU (2×2.2GHz Cortex-A73 + 6×1.6GHz Cortex-A53), Mali-G71 GPU, with 4GB of RAM.
- The device has 32GB internal memory storage and dedicated microSD slot for expansion.
- The battery is 3,000 mAh Li-Po, fast charging.
- The device comes with Dual SIM LTE Cat. 11 (600Mbps download).
- Connectivity features includes USB-C (v2.0); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS, GLONASS, Beidou; NFC, MST; Bluetooth 5.
- The device is possessed Rear-mounted fingerprint reader, single speaker on the side, 3.5mm jack, Samsung Pay support, Gear VR support.
Distinctive Speaker Placement
Audio is equally important for enjoying your content. The speakers on the side of the A8 give a fine output. Due to its unorthodox placement, you’ll also want to mind where you put your forefinger when in landscape mode so you don’t end up covering it.
Just the Right Combination of the Core
At the core of the Samsung Galaxy A8, it is loaded with Exynos 7885 octa-core processor that clocks in at 2.2GHz. The Galaxy A8 comes with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage via MicroSD card.
Proficient Set of Cameras
The Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) is furnished with a 16-megapixel camera on the back of the device with an aperture of f/1.7, and the rear camera captures really sharp details with great, natural colours and the aperture provides good depth of field while really helping out with getting photos in low-light situations.
Latest Operating System, Updated Features
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is pre-loaded with Android 7.1.1, and the overall software experience is basically identical to what’s on the Galaxy S8. Other useful, small software features, like the ability to easily create GIFs from videos, are also here.
Enough Power for Day at Work and surfing at night
The Samsung Galaxy A8 is packed with 3000mAh battery, which could give you enough juice to work the day and squeeze decent surfing at night. It supports Fast Charging for a quick top up.
Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) smartphone is the latest release by Samsung. The phone comes with a 5.6-inch touchscreen display with a high definition resolution. Galaxy A8 is powered by Octa-core Processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. With all the connectivity features such as 3G, 4G/LTE, the device feature IP68 protection as well as Samsung Pay features. The storage capacity can be expanded, with a microSD card slot and for charging and data transfer the device features Type-C USB port. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Samsung Galaxy A8 packs a 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a set of two cameras 16 + 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
- 2G bands – GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G bands – HSDPA 850/900/1700/1900/2100
- 4G bands – LTE
- Speed – HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat11 600/75 Mbps
- GPRS – Yes
- EDGE – Yes
- Physical Dimensions – 149.2 x 70.6 x 8.4 mm (5.87 x 2.78 x 0.33 in)
- Weight – 172 g (6.07 oz)
- Build – Front/back glass, aluminium frame
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Physical Productivity – Samsung Pay
- Protection Features – IP68 certified – dust/waterproof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Screen Type – Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours
- Screen Size – 5.6-inches, 79.6 cm2 (~75.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display Resolution – 1080 x 2220 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~441 ppi density)
- Multitouch – Yes
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version) – Always-on display
Software & Hardware Features:
- OS – Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Processor Chipset – Exynos 7885 Octa
- CPU – Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU – Mali-G71
- Card slot – microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Internal Storage – 32GB
- On-Board Memory – 4GB RAM
Primary Camera Features:
- Camera Capacity – 16 MP, f/1.7, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Features – Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
- Video – 1080p@30fps
Secondary Camera Features:
- Camera Capacity – Dual 16 MP + 8 MP, f/1.9, 1080p
- Alert types – Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- 3.5mm jack – Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic – Yes
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth – 5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE
- GPS – Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC – Yes
- Radio – FM radio
- USB – 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors – Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Messaging – SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- Browser – HTML5
- Fast battery charging
- ANT+ support
- MP4/WMV/H.265 player
- MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer